Deadline to turn in Silver Beaver nominations is March 24th!
If you know of someone you would like to nominate for the Silver Beaver Award, please download the form at the bottom of the page and email it to Traci.Shepherd@cflscouting.org. The deadline to turn in Silver Beaver nominations is 5:00 pm on March 24th, 2017.
What is the Silver Beaver Award?
The Silver Beaver Award is the highest recognition the Central Florida Council can bestow upon an individual. The award is presented to registered adult volunteer Scouting or civic leaders for noteworthy service to youth at the Council Recognition Banquet. The requirements for the award are:
- Candidates for the award must be registered volunteer Scout leaders within our Council or civic leaders in the communities served by the Central Florida Council.
- They must have rendered noteworthy service of exceptional character to youth.
- A suggested minimum of ten years of accumulated service to youth and the Central Florida Council will be considered.
- Service to youth and community involvement outside of Scouting are desirable.
How to recommend a Scouting leader for the Silver Beaver Award
- Anyone may nominate a Scouting adult leader for the Silver Beaver Award. Other year’s nominees, who were not selected, can be re-nominated. Use the attached form or get additional forms at the Scout Service Center.
- Complete the form by getting the information regarding your nominee without his or her knowledge. One complete nomination form is all that is required.
- Nominators should submit a letter of nomination, the Silver Beaver Nomination Form and any supporting documentation to the Council Service Center address below. A Scouting Resume is helpful in organizing a nominee’s record of service to the Council and community.
- Since there are many worthy volunteer Scout leaders being nominated each year, the committee will give additional weight to a nominee’s tenure as a registered Scouting volunteer and his/her involvement in other community youth activities. More information is always better!
- The Silver Beaver Award is not the type of recognition that Scouters seek nor apply for themselves. Self-nominations are disqualified.
- The Council Executive Committee will approve the appointment of a Silver Beaver Selection Committee each year. The Silver Beaver Selection Committee will meet once a year in April to consider nominations.
- The Selection Committee will be representative of each district of the Council and a committee member will be asked during the selection process to secure further information from a district if it becomes necessary.
- The meeting of the Selection Committee is held in April. The DEADLINE for submittal is 5:00 pm on March 24, 2017.
PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO SEE IT!
Please submit the nomination letter, nomination form and supporting information via mail to:
Central Florida Council, BSA
Silver Beaver Award Selection Committee
1951 South Orange Blossom Trail, Suite 102
Apopka, FL 32703
The forms and information can be emailed to Traci.Shepherd@cflscouting.org.
Any questions regarding Silver Beaver Awards can be directed to Mac Griffith at 407-703-0262 or Mac.Griffith@cflscouting.org