Going outdoors in Florida? Probably a good time to think of ticks! Camp LaNoChe is no worse for ticks than any other places in Florida – it just seems that way. Stay on the trails and paths at camp to avoid contact with vegetation where ticks hang out.
Some simple things to reduce ticks on you:
- Stay on main trails and paths
- Use Bug Spray
- Check for ticks every evening (look all over)
- Properly remove ticks (see info at Internet Links)
- Shower with hot water (good time to check for the critters)
- When you get home – shower immediately – check for Ticks – put clothes in hot dryer for at least 60 minutes.
Here are some links to good information related to ticks: