Friends of Scouting
What is Friends of Scouting (FOS)?
The Central Florida Council serves over 23,000 youth members in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Volusia, Lake and Flagler Counties. A budget of over $6 million is needed to provide the facilities, support materials, programs, activities and professional leadership for our community.
The annual FOS Campaign focuses on raising a significant portion of this budget through families who participate in Scouting. Funds are raised by coordinated presentations made by volunteers to families of Scouts at a special unit event such as a Blue & Gold Banquet or Court of Honor.
The annual campaign is planned, directed and conducted by volunteers. There is virtually no other volunteer-run fund raising campaign of this magnitude in the United States! Each volunteer team has a professional advisor (usually a District Executive) to assist with information, training and supplies.
• Training for FOS Presenters is held in the service areas in November / early December
• The campaign begins in November and ends in May
• All presentations are made using materials prepared by the Council
• Recognition is given for all levels of pledges
• Unit leader secures pledges from families absent from the presentation
Helpful Tools for District FOS Chairs, Zone Chairs, & Presenters:
Thank you for your support of Scouting!