September Roundtable Recap
Wow what a month! School recruitment, hurricanes, training and so much more.
Congratulates to all of our newly trained Scouters! 5 new IOLS, 4 new SM/ASM Specific Trained and 10 BALOO. We all know that every Scout deserves a well trained leader. Thank you!
Thank you to everyone who attended our September Merit Badge Counselor training course. And thank you to our Training Chair – Bob Schorstein and our Merit Badge Dean – Darrell Brock for putting on the training. If you missed this class fear not! You can download the form, it must be accompanied with a completed adult application and a copy of your current YPT.
We always need more counselors, take time to read through the list of badges available and think about becoming one.
Thanks to Troop 456 for performing the opening flag ceremony this month. Reminder that all units are encouraged to open the monthly roundtable session. Please contact Mr. Don Stafford to schedule your troop.
There was quite a list of announcements, I’ll cover those shortly. Please contact the program/event chair for more details.
- Cub Scout Position Specific Training has been rescheduled. Please watch the Facebook page & Yahoo! Email group for details
- JOTA (Jamboree-on-the-Air) is coming October 15th. http://www.scouting.org/jota.aspx Contact Don Stafford
- Webelos Outdoor Weekend is coming – November 18-20 at the Sheriff Youth Ranch. Contact Cathy Schmidt
- OA Elections are happening contact Sean Brannock your OA Advisor
- 2017 Council Camporee Planning Meeting – October 19 – 7PM at CFC Offices – President’s Room – All Scouters are welcome to take part in planning this event
- 2017 University of Scouting – 1/28/2017 – Location TBD – Flyer & Information coming in October
- USCG – New Smyrna Beach currently has several Eagle Scouts on duty – look for information about potential unit visits or fieldtrip opportunities
- City of Daytona Beach – Family Fun Fest @ The Bandshell 12/17/2016. Units are invited to setup and showcase cooking, activities and more. Contact Craig Tarr for details
- Daytona International Speedway – Scout Days / Roar Before the 24 – January 6-8 @ Speedway Infield. DIS looking for packs to bring pinewood derby tracks for scouts to race. And looking for merit badge counselors for Geocaching. Contact Craig Tarr for details
Upcoming District Events
Camporee – October 7 – 9 http://fallcamporee2016.weebly.com/
On Target for Scouting – October 22 – www.ontargetforscouting.com
Charter Organization Representative (COR) Training – November 7th – 7-9:30PM
October Roundtable Monday – October 17 – 7PM. Come early 6:30 to sign-up for Scouting for Food, talk with your district commissioners and much more.
Remember stay up-to-date – join our email list – send a blank email to email@example.com or join our Facebook Group search for “BSA Three Rivers District” and request to join the group.
Share this information with your unit leaders! There is something for EVERYONE at Roundtable.