Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Provisional Troop Summer

 2017 Camp La-No-Che Summer Camp – Provisional Troop Information

What is Provisional Troop Camping?

If you are unable to attend camp with your troop or if you just want to come to camp for another week, a provisional troop is provided. Adult leadership is provided for all Scouts participating in Provisional. Provisional campers have the same opportunity to enjoy the programs as other Scouts, and have the opportunity for special activities.

Provisional Camping 2017

Camp La-No-Che provides a Provisional (Provo) Troop with a Scoutmaster, Asst. Scoutmaster, and volunteer assistants for all eight weeks of camp. The Scoutmaster will be hired by the Central Florida Council and will not hold any other camp positions. This provides an opportunity for boys to attend camp who are unable to attend camp with their troop, who wish to attend more than one week of camp, or who are attending specialty camp without a troop.  The Provisional Troop is not intended to be a alternative to troop camping. Any troop sending four or more boys to the Provisional Troop will be expected to provide an adult to assist with leadership. Questions may be directed to the Camp La-No-Che office.

Provisional Application and Provisional Parent Letter are located in the Leader’s Guide


Annual BSA Health and Medical Record Form

All Scouts and adults must complete the official Annual BSA Health and Medical Record (form #680-001, parts A, B, C), part B requires  parent signature and part C a physicians signature. They must be completed within 12 calendar  months  before arrival. These forms must accompany all Scouts and leaders to camp, including all adults staying one or more nights. Please make copies of the appropriate forms for all boys/adults in your troop, it is required that you include a copy of the Scouts health insurance card with medical form. Health history must be current and the date of the physical must meet the requirements of the appropriate form. Failure to comply with health form requirements will cause the person to be sent home. A fax machine is available, so any forgotten forms must be faxed prior to the last transport adult leaving camp or the camper will be sent home, the number is 352-669-7636. A resident Health Officer is available at all times to deal with accidents and sickness. He or she is not a medical doctor but is qualified to administer first aid and deal with emergencies and minor sickness.A copy of the official Annual B.S.A. Health and Medical Record Form A, B & C can be downloaded below. Please make copies of the appropriate forms for everyone attending with your unit.

– BSA Health and Medical Record Form Information


For information please contact Pam Falconer, Activities Coordinator: