Scouting Community Service Website Help
Community Service Reporting Website:
First-Time Users – Log In
What you will need:
Your unit ID (five to 11 digits)
Your unit number (four digits, no letters – ex. Pack 62 = 3062)
If you do not have this information, call your district executive or the council office and they can supply your unit ID.
To register on the site:
- Place your cursor over the words New Users Click Here and click the left mouse button.
- Click I agree at the Confidentiality Statement window. If you disagree, you will not be allowed to enter information into the site.
- Use the unit ID (five- to 11-digit number) and local unit number (four-digit number) you received from the council to fill in the three fields on the user profile page. In the second field, select the type of unit you are registering. If you have not received your unit’s ID number or local unit number, call your local council or your district executive. If you are a volunteer for several units, each unit will have a separate ID and local unit number. (Keep this information somewhere where you can find it, because you will need it to change your user name or password.)
TIP: If your unit number has less than four digits, add zeros in front of the number so that you have four digits (example: Unit 12 = 0012)
- Enter your name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address.
- Type in a user name of your choice. If the user name you typed in is already in use, you will be asked to select another user name.
- Type in and verify your password. This can be anything you choose between six and 10 characters.
- Click Register. The Home page of the data collection site appears.
If you have problems logging in, contact the local council or your district executive to verify your unit ID.
Entering Service Project Data
- Click the service project description that best describes the service project in which your unit participated. Select only one type of service project. Use Other service project for any service project that does not fall into the categories listed.
- To enter the date, click on the calendar icon to the right of the input box. Select the date using the calendar that pops up. Use the arrows on either side of the month name at the top of the calendar to change the month if needed. Click on the day the service project was completed, and the date will automatically be recorded in the date box.
- Enter the number of youth members (Scouts) who participated in the project.
- Enter the number of youth who are not members who participated in the project. This might include brothers, sisters, friends, or any other youth not currently a Scout.
- Enter the number of adult leaders participating in the project. This number should include only registered Scout leaders.
- Enter the number of other adults who participated in the project. This can include parents, grandparents, or any other adult who is not a registered leader for the unit.
- Enter the total number of hours that members and non-members worked on the service project from start to finish. This number should include the time worked by both adults and youth.
- If items were collected, enter the number of items collected.
- Select the organization(s) with which your unit partnered on this project. If your unit did not partner with any organization(s), select none.
- You will also be asked who benefited from the project or to what organization the items collected were donated. If the project directly benefited an individual or family, list individual in this space. If the project benefited a local charity, school, or other organization, list the name of the local charity, school, or other organization.
- Space has also been provided for you to type in a brief description of the project.
- Click on Submit Report. Review your answers to ensure that your submission is correct.
Entering Eagle Scout Project Data
Use the Eagle Scout Service Project workbook to fill in the requested information.
- Enter the applicant’s full name in the space provided.
- To enter the date, click on the calendar icon to the right of the input box. Select the date using the calendar that pops up. Use the arrows on either side of the month name at the top of the calendar to change the month if needed. Click on the day the service project was completed and the date will automatically be recorded in the date box.
- Enter the number of Scouts who worked on the project.
- Enter the number of youth who are not registered Scouts who worked on the project.
- Enter the number of adult Scout leaders who worked on the project.
- Enter the number of adults who are not registered Scout leaders who worked on the project.
- Enter the total number of hours that both youth and adults spent working on the project from start to finish.
- Enter the total cost of materials required to complete the project.
- From the drop-down box, select the category that best describes the Eagle Scout project. Select only one category. If none of the categories describe the type of Eagle Scout service project, select Other.
- List the type of organization that benefited from the service project. For example, church, synagogue, city, state, county, school, etc.
- List the specific group benefiting from the project. For example, if a local community organization received donations as a result of the project, type the name of the community organization.
- Click on Submit Report. Review your answers before you continue.
Printing Service Hours Reporting Certificates
After you submit information for a service project, a message indicates Congratulations, your service project has been recorded. To print a certificate, click the link called Click here to get your Service Hours Reporting certificate. The certificate shows the unit number and the number of people participating in the project. Print this certificate by clicking the Click here to print button at the top of the certificate page.
The certificate looks best if it is printed in the landscape mode. To change this, in your browser menu, select File, Print, Preferences. Click the Landscape option.
If you did not print the certificate after submitting the data:
- Click the link on the Home page that asks, Would you like to view all previously recorded projects?
- Double-click the name of the project from the list of recorded projects.
- The project information appears. Click the link called Click here to print certificate at the top right side of the screen. A certificate appears.
- Print the certificate by clicking the Click here to print button at the top of the certificate page.