PackMaster & TroopMaster talk to BSA Internet Advancement – upload your advancement report today!
As you may know, BSA’s Internet Advancement System is now being used by many of the local councils. The advancement/4403 report in both TroopMaster and PackMaster will produce a file that is fully compatible with this new system. BSA’s system will refer to our recharter file as the UMS (Unit Management System) file. Help with PackMaster and TroopMaster
Internet Advancement Experiencing Difficulties
The Internet Advancement is experiencing some difficulties, and we are working with National BSA to learn more. As soon as we have more information, we will post it here. Some issues experienced with the Internet Advancement System:
1. Units are unable to print a report after submission
2. A unit’s submitted reports are not showing in their accounts properlyIt is important to report advancements, so we can have accurate records of a Scout’s accomplishments.
Internet Advancement Tutorials
The Internet Advancement System is experiencing some issues with some of its functionality. It is still available for your use, if you have not had any problems with it recently, don’t hesitate to continue to use it. A few things to consider:
- Use Internet Explorer 7+ for best results. The systems do not yet support Apple/Mac software and other browsers.
To use Internet Advancement:
- Select the unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
- Click on the “Login” button on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report
- Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. You must turn in an advancement copy to the council office (Scout Shop) when you purchase advancements (badges of rank and merit badges). Save a copy for your files.Units should submit monthly reports before the end of each month, or more often if needed. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.