The Endowment for The Central Florida Council
Boy Scouts of America
For more information, contact Nancy Freeman, Director of Development
Nancy.Freeman@cflscouting.org or telephone: (407) 889-4403.
Scouting’s original founder, Lord Robert Baden-Powell, lived by an interesting motto: “We only have a short time to live, so we must do things that are worthwhile, and do them now.” This belief clearly influenced his vision of the organization he was to create. But it also continues to define the true importance of Scouting, the relevance and impact of its programs, and the vital role that our great volunteers play in making Scouting what it is today.
The endowment is an exciting and logical step toward protecting the financial future of Scouting in Central Florida. It is both symbolic and vital that our mission should not be built just on a foundation of values, but on a foundation of support as well.
Case for Capital
Gifts to the endowment can be made in any amount. In gratitude for such support, Scouting offers a number of distinct endowment recognition awards. To learn more about these or to make a gift click on the link below:
- Eagle Scout Recognition Award – gifts of any amount in honor of a Boy Scout who achieves the rank of Eagle Scout.
- James E. West Fellowship Award– gifts of $1,000 and up in cash or marketable securities.
- Scouting’s Heritage Society – gifts of $10,000 and up outright or deferred of cash, personal property, life insurance or bequests.
- The 1910 Society – gifts of $25,000 or more, outright or pledged of cash, securities, land or other suitable personal property.
- The Founders Circle – deferred gifts of $100,000 or more.
- Complete a Will Survey – If you have made a bequest in your will, please inform us so that we may properly acknowledge your gift.
- Memorial Gifts – Gifts of any amount to the Permanent Endowment Fund of the Central Florida Council. A convenient memorial certificate may be personalized for presentation.
Few things in life are as special as making a difference in the life of a young person, unless it’s seeing the difference that same young person can make in the community and in the lives of others. That’s what Scouting is all about, and it is why we say “thank you” for your interest in and support of thisgreat movement.
For more information about these or other planned giving opportunities to the Central Florida Council, please visit http://bsagiftplan.org or contact Nancy Freeman, Director of Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-703-0282.