From the Central Florida Council President
2017 was a great year for scouting in Central Florida Council! 440 Scouts earned the Eagle Rank, our units logged over 118,000 hours of community service, we welcomed over 7,500 new families to scouting, and we have over 20,000 youth participating in scouting programs across seven counties.
Some of the most memorable scouting experiences can occur in the summer, where longer term activities are possible. As you plan unparalleled summer adventure, be sure to consider Camp Lanoche, one of the finest scout camps in the south. I recommend visiting the completely revamped website: www.camplanoche.com to learn about the impressive list of exciting programs. Some key points:
- CUB SCOUTS can attend summer camp! There are two 4 day session offered in July.
- BOY SCOUTS can participate in traditional (over 60 merit badges), new scout trailblazer, and the extremely popular Native American Village programs.
- Additional unique and thrilling BOY SCOUT adventures include: zip line over Lake Pooh-Bear, All-terrain Vehicles, Horsemanship, Advanced Sailing, Personal Watercraft, high and low challenge courses, and 50’ Alpine Tower.
- Individual scouts have the option to attend as a Provisional Camper, with a camp-supplied Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster.
- Check out ‘Specialty Week’ at the end of July, a new and innovative experience where scouts choose 2 of 19 intensive programs that are more in-depth and include in-camp and off-site activities.
- Selling camp cards provides a way to pay for camp. Last year, over 600 scouts earned a free camping experience—I hope more scouts earn their way this year!
There are amazing opportunities available to all our scouts this summer at Camp Lanoche. Check it out and get STOKED to have unparalleled experiences!