Refund Request and Policy
Standard Refund Policy
Unless otherwise published for a particular event, the standard council refund policy is shown below. Note that a portion of the fee paid will be withheld to cover costs of supplies and other expenses for the event.
- Fees for most district and council activities are transferable to other Scouts within the unit that are not already registered for the same activity. There is no penalty for this option.
- Shirts and other added items are not refundable if those items have already been ordered, but will be available for later pickup. Partial refunds of program and meal fees will be given as follows:
- Requests made at least fourteen days prior to the start of the event: 90% refund
- Requests made 3-13 days prior to the start of the event: 80% refund
- Requests made less than 3 days prior, and no later than seven days after, the start of the event: 80% refund ONLY due to one of the following circumstances: sickness or injury (requires physician’s note), death in immediate family, or relocation outside the council’s borders (with supporting documentation).
- If approved, the refundable amount will be returned using the original method of payment if possible, or via check if not.
- There will be no refunds under $10.00.
- If an event is cancelled by the district or council, a full refund will be provided.